Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Sweets for my Sweet

Fancying something a bit sweet I decided to put my very ripe bananas to good use and whipped up Mrs F's (my mum!) banana nut loaf this morning. It's so quick and easy to do (and frugal too) that I thought I would share!

What you'll need:
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed (although I used 2lge ones today)
2 cups of self raising flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 chopped nuts
  1. Beat oil and sugar together
  2. Add eggs and banana pulp
  3. Add all dry ingredients, milk and vanilla essence
  4. Mix well
  5. Stir in chopped nuts
  6. Pour into a greased and floured 2lb loaf tin
  7. Bake in a preheated oven 180C for 1hour
Voila! Delicious with butter.

Back to fashion later!!