Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Pampering at The Body Centre of Clifton

Today I went for a little pampering session at The Body Centre of Clifton. I was gifted some vouchers for this beauty salon and having never been there before I was eager to see what it was like.

I already have 'go-to' salons for my waxing, threading and tan, and I tend to do my nails myself - although I do love it when someone else does them for me. They ALWAYS look better don't they. Anyway, these all feel like 'maintenance', so, having perused their menu of treatments (of which there is loads), I decided to go for something which would be more of a treat - an aromatherapy back, neck, shoulders and face massage. I suffer from really knotted shoulders so thought this would be relaxing and beneficial all in one. Also a little aromatherapy facial rub has gotta be good at this time of year, right? ALSO, Mr M grumbles massively about rubbing my shoulders.

The salon is quite small and the front waiting room/nail bar is done out with really cute french armoires full Guinot products. I was greeted by the very smiley and friendly Catherine who offered me a comfortable seat for five minutes. Whilst waiting I noticed their large range of bare minimal make-up. I've never used it before but have heard some really positive reviews. Has anyone used it before?



The treatment room was also decorated elegantly with glam patterned wall paper and mirrors. Dim lighting and soothing music make it an instantly relaxing environment.


Catherine first removed my make up with a really creamy cleanser (Guinot I presume), before massaging my face and neck, and then shoulders and back for an hour. It was heaven. I thought my shoulders were pretty loose at the moment but it turns out that I was very wrong. By the end of the hour I was completely relaxed and my skin felt amazing. Perhaps I should be adding a neck and shoulder massage to my 'maintanence' regime...... Catherine's chit chat was at just the right level too so that I didn't lie there in silence or get distracted by small talk.

I don't go to salons for these kind of treatments very often (although I would love to) and the last one I went to was in a luxury resort in Thailand on my honeymoon. However, from my experience I would definitely recommend them. I thought the salon itself was neat and tidy, the staff were very friendly and the massage was carried out very well. The price was also reasonable too I thought - £32.50. In fact I'm keen to now book in for a full on facial to combat the winter weather.

I wish everyday could be a pampering day.

1 comment:

Beauty Balm said...

sounds fab and the salon looks lovely too. i love going for treatments though don't go often enough! x