Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Fashion confession

Stick with this......

About a month ago I watched the original Footloose for the first time EVER. So the first confession is:
  1. Yes, it really has taken me 28 22 years to see the original Footloose film
This leads me to the second confession:
2.      I really REALLY want to see the new one - eeek! I'm cringing as I tell you...
Now, it’s not just because I’m desperate to see them dance their little feet off, it’s also because ever since I first saw the advert it has made me think of some of my favourite fashion spreads. This now leads me to another confession.


3.      I can’t throw out magazines. I have mostly every issue of Vogue since 2004 and a number of another fav mag of mine – American Elle – much to my husband’s dismay when we’ve moved as many times as we have! They are pretty heavy to shift.
So when I saw the advert again today I decided to search out the images I had remembered and here are some snippets from said spreads.

The first three are from Sept 2004 and the second three from Sept 2008 (I can tell you’re judging me now – I am a total magazine geek). As you’ll see there are two things to note here. Despite being four years apart they are incredibly similar – they both feature western style and they both include Jessica Simpson.
So this finally leads me to my final two confessions:

 
4.      I LOVE a good old check shirt, a smattering of distressed leather, a beaten up pair of cowboy boots and my jeans. Secretly I want to be from the Deep South. America that is, I don’t think Brizzle is quite the same!
5.      I kind of love Jessica Simpson. I don’t know why but I do. I loved MTV’s Newly Weds, I have her wedding book and I was gutted when her and Nick broke up.......

Saved the best till last didn’t I?! Right, I’m off to go and hang my head in shame! Perhaps I'll put on a check shirt to pay homage too.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'll come and see Footloose with you!
xxxx