Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

The September issue

Since 2004 I've kept every issue of Vogue - a real pain in the ass when it comes to moving house but it does mean that every so often I can pull out the same month from years gone by to check what we were wearing/lusting over/talking about/reading back then. I also find it interesting to see the seasonal trends and how they differ from year-to-year.

September, in my opinion, always tends to be an interesting and fashion heavy month for the glossies. It's the issue where many advertisers showcase their A/W advertising campaigns for the first time and there's a definite shift towards the new season. It's for this reason I decided to drag them all out.

Before even opening the pages of each of the nine issues I was struck by one thing. Kate Moss. If ever there were any doubt in her influence and prominence in the fashion world you simply have to check how many times she's had a Vogue front cover. Looking at just one month out of the year, Kate Moss has graced the covers of five out of nine September issues since 2004. Not bad.











No comments: