Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream, Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream and Joyous Protein Rich Night Replenish Serum

The lovely girls at Antipodes kindly gave me three of their products to test out. I've had them for a month now to give them a good trial before doing a little review.
This is the first time I've seen this brand before and it's prices are similar to brands found in Space NK. http://www.antipodesnature.com/home.html


Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream - £26.99
I find it really hard to track down a good moisturiser for during the day. My skin can be quite dry so I need something creamy, but if my moisturiser is too heavy it doesn't absorb and my make up just slides off. Knowing this I have to say I wasn't expecting too much. However, I've been very pleasantly surprised. In fact, I think this is one of the best moisturisers I've ever used. Seriously.

The texture is creamy and moisturising but light enough for my skin to absorb. I would definitely buy this again. The fact that it also contains extract from Marlborough sauvignon blanc grapeseeds also makes it quite appealing - although I usually prefer those in my wine glass!!


Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream - £24.99
I'm not sure I should admit to this, but I don't usually use eye cream........ So I was quite excited to see if it did anything. The very fact that there was a big sticker on the front stating 'scientifically shown to stimulate synthesis of collagen production by up to 82%' also got me interested.

The cream is light and basically scentless and I've been using it religiously morning and evening. Now the problem here is that I have noticed a definite difference in my, eh um, eye wrinkles. However, is this because I don't usually use an eye cream?!? I'm not sure. But I sure do like the results.



Joyous Protein Rich Night Replenish Serum - £36.99
Last but not least is the night serum. Again I haven't used a serum before, but I do use Darphin's Aromatic Purifying Balm which, when applied, is quite similar I think. From the instructions I wasn't sure if I should be using it as well as a night moisturiser so I decided to just use a few drops. It is quite oily (it is a serum) but not uncomfortably so and by the morning it is pretty much absorbed completely. One main pro that I can see is that it seems to completely zap zits..... I'm not sure if it's meant to, but I've definitely noticed zits disappearing at a dramatic rate (I'm talking 24hrs!). The only down point is that it makes my hair line greasy which means washing my hair more frequently.

All of that said, if it keeps my skin looking like this, I'll be a customer for a while to come!

1 comment:

Beauty Balm said...

Great Review! I've always wanted to try Antipodes - these are going on my wishlist - esp the day moisturiser xxx