Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

Give it some Welly

Today was the first time it really felt autumnal to me. Not only does this mean I get to wear all my favourite hats and scarves again, it also means we're creeping closer to seeing all city dwellers donning their Hunters.

I say this with a hint of humour in my voice. Having been brought up in the country and not only owned a number of Hunters, but also worn them out, I find it funny to see the shine of never worn wellies pounding the city slabs.

However, this was not meant to be a country vs. city bitch - I love each equally. I actually wanted to share with you what I think is the next trend in wellies..... yes you heard me right!

For the more discerning welly wearer, I introduce you to Le Chameau. A French brand which is set to be the boot of choice very soon - I'm sure of it.


I was introduced to them last winter and I wouldn't usually suggest moving away from such an iconic British brand as Hunter, but since the manufacturing went elsewhere I’m simply talking about quality and the Chasseur boot from Le Chameau is built to last. But with a hefty price tag (around £295 – ouch!) they're reserved for the seriously style conscious country chic connoisseur (and those who actually do wear them every single day of their lives, out in the countryside). I must add that my budgets sadly don't stretch to this.

In terms of design, they're leather lined, and shaped especially for the curves of a ladies leg - Hunters are designed for men's rather less shapely calves. I'm not usually seduced by such functional footwear, but these are seriously nice (and quite sexy for a wellington boot - they are French after all!).

But if I haven't convinced you - just ask Kate what she thinks.....
Exclusive Photos by Radcliffe/BauerGriffinOnline.com

2 comments:

SamP said...

It's not often I get to feel ahead of the trend but these were recommended to me by my angling friend Barney last year. Unfortunately the fishing tackle shop didn't have ladies sizes. I'm sure they weren't anywhere near this price though. Another style maybe, or a bargain?

Claire said...

No you're quite right Sam - they were probably the less fancy shmancy style (sans leather lining etc). The ones I saw last year were less expensive too.